Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Spaghetti Squash For Wheat Bellies!

Well, I've started this "Wheat Belly" program I learned from watching Dr. William Davis' TV and YouTube videos.  I bought his cookbook and over the course of 3 weeks I have lost 25 pounds of weight!  And, the most amazing fact is I have only today begun to exercise again!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you this recipe.  Since beginning I haven't been hungry, but I have missed rice and pasta.  I'll share the rice dish, using cauliflower later, but tonight I wanted "pasta"!

I cooked a "spaghetti squash" (medium size) for about 50 minutes at 375 degrees.  I cut the squash in half, spread olive oil over the inside, and on a cooking sheet, and sprinkled the inside with sea-salt and garlic powder.  I turned the squash face-down and placed it in the oven.

On the stove I heated on low heat about half a jar of Monet Bene Garlic Marinara, which has no sugar added, no gluten, and no preservatives.  

In a skillet, I slow fried some chicken tenders, using olive oil and minced garlic.  I put the chicken aside to drain until I was ready to do the plating.

Once the squash was cooked, I shredded out the squash, using a fork, into a bowl; it even looks like spaghetti.

I placed a generous pile of the squash on the plate and spooned the marinara over the top.  I then sprinkled BelGioiso Parmesan over the top.  I placed two or three chicken tenders on the side and served.

It was delicious!  I even went back and finished the cold squash and marinara after eating!

I no longer have the bloating and gas I used to have after eating.  It's a new way of life!  

You really don't need grains (bread, rice, oats) to survive!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails