Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Shrimp And Greek Salad For Your Wheat Belly

Okay, if you've been following my progress on Dr. William Davis' "Wheat Belly" program, I weighed 199 today!  No more wheat (or grains of any kind) or sugar!

Tonight I pulled out an, almost forgotten, opened package of frozen shrimp.  I thought it might not be good, since it looked a little freezer burned, but turns out it was perfect!

While my wife sliced and diced making the cucumber, onion, tomato, Kalamata olive, and feta cheese salad (see this post for dressing), I got a pan of real "Amish" butter, minced garlic, and a splash of "Ring Of Fire" hot sauce heating on the stove.  After only rinsing the frozen shrimp off, I popped them into the hot mixture and began flipping them at intervals.  After some of the liquid boiled off, I sprinkled sea salt over the shrimp.

It only took about 10 to 12 minutes and the shrimp I tested was awesome!  I put the shrimps around the salad plate my wife had fixed and we sat down to a delicious meal.

I can't think of a think that is not allowed on the Wheat Belly program, so I feel certain I'm on my way to losing a few more pounds.

I never end a meal feeling bloated and I'm still off my metformin, and still down to half a blood pressure pill.  I'm hoping in another week I can stop it all together.  Next, I'll have to have my cholesterol checked...I may stop that medicine soon, as well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails