Monday, May 30, 2016

Cheeseburger Pie For Wheat Bellies!

Man!  I tried this recipe from Wheat-Free Market Foods, and I believe it's the best thing I've made and had yet! 

I was also down to 197 (from 225+), and completely off my blood pressure med!  I'm also not taking my metformin, but I'm still monitoring my blood sugar levels periodically.  I don't want to announce that I'm good that until I have my next A1C test.

Here's the recipe just like I found it on the website above.  You can also order all the "wheat-free/grain-free" ingredients from them.

Serves 6

1 lb. ground meat
½ large onion, chopped
½ - 1 tablespoon favorite Cajun Seasoning (optional...or instead use a dash of salt and pepper)
2 tablespoons chicken or beef stock or water
4 oz. cream cheese
¾ cup
Wheat-Free Market All-Purpose Baking Mix
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sour cream
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Extra shredded cheese (approximately 2 tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pan over medium heat brown the ground meat and onion. As soon as meat has cooked and onions are tender (drain excessive oil if desired) add ½ tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, cream cheese and stock. Lower heat and stir until cream cheese has melted. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Pour meat mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.

In medium bowl blend the baking mix, eggs, sour cream, butter, and cheddar cheese. Pour batter over meat mixture and spread out evenly. Top with additional cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until biscuit layer begins to brown.

Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

Serve with sliced tomatoes or salad.

We also added a few Terra Exotic Potato Chips on the side.  They gluten-free and contain no wheat!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails