Monday, November 09, 2015

Salmon With Yellow Rice

Quick and easy salmon dish!

I went to the North Carolina Ale House this past Saturday with my son.  We had a wonderful conversation about his latest mission trip; just a total blessing all the way around!  And then, we ordered.

I decided to try salmon, at a sports bar of all places, and I was pleasantly surprised!  It was a great dish that really hit the spot.  So, no great surprise to those that know and follow me here, I tried to duplicate the meal as best I could; with a few changes, of course.

First of all you need a couple of good fresh slabs of salmon.  I laid each on top of a nice salty slab of Amish butter, put a little salt and pepper on top, and set the baking sheet aside.

I opened a box of Zatarain's New Orleans Style Yellow Rice and cooked it as directed.  I opened a small can of peas with carrots and started them to boil at the same time. 

I then cut up a piece of onion and a hunk of red pepper and sauteed them in coconut oil.  When the rice was finished I dumped in the onion, pepper, and peas and mixed thoroughly.
Meanwhile I had the salmon baking in the oven at 350.  I took it out after about 18 minutes; just to check it, and put it back in for another 5 minutes under the broiler (550).

I plated the rice mixture and put a piece of salmon on the side.

It was really good, and I had fixed the meal in about 30 minutes total.  My wife was really pleased with me too! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails