Thursday, February 09, 2006
Well, I know you all wanted to know what I fixed for "supper" tonight:
As usual, start with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a large wooden spoon of garlic in a hot skillet! I love garlic!
· Season 8 chicken strips with fresh ground pepper and cayenne pepper
· Fry to a golden brown and then salt – remove, cut into julienne strips and set aside
· Chop up one fresh squash, half of yellow and half orange or red pepper, large stalk of broccoli, large portion of a head of cauliflower, and a whole medium sized onion
· Pour chopped pieces into the same skillet, adding small amount of olive oil if needed
· Stir mixture in the hot oil and season the vegetables with salt and fresh ground pepper
· Turn the heat off as soon as the vegetables begin to soften – leave them between crunchy and done
· Add the cooked chicken to the top of the steaming veggies
Wait for the chicken to re-gain heat from the steam and then serve. No other side disk is necessary if you are going for low-carb.
I forgot to mention the Flying Dog "In Heat Wheat" I had during the cooking process - good too!