Saturday, September 27, 2008

JOHN McCAIN BABY BACK RIBS

Yep, I watched Rachel Ray with my wife last week and Senator McCain and wife Cindy was there showing her how he does his ribs. He said he’s had up to 4 grills going at once and loves to cook that way. He said, “The longer you’re grilling, the longer you’re with friends!


He explained how he does his baby back ribs:

Ingredients

  • 1 rack baby back ribs
  • Equal parts garlic powder, salt and pepper, combined in a shaker to make a rub
  • 1 lemon, cut into wedges

So, I tried it, but unfortunately my grill will not reduce heat below 225 degrees. Therefore, after cooking them for about an hour and a half, bone down, they came out over done! My bad! I moistened them ever 20 minutes, with the lemon juice, and adding more of the rub mixture, and didn’t even turn them “meat down” until the last 10 minutes, but they still came out dry. Even adding my sauce didn’t save this meal. Luckily we had a great baked potato to fill us up.


I’m going back to my brother-in-law’s method, my method, or at lease cut the cook time on this one in half!


Sorry John!


BTW, while I was at it, I threw on a rump roast for a future meal! It did turn out well, because it was thicker perhaps!

2 comments:

FHB said...

Man, I'd eat it anyway. Just chew it more.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Oh, we did, it wasn't that bad, but the roast was great, especially sliced thin for sandwiches!

Related Posts with Thumbnails