Saturday, February 17, 2007

SCALLOP STIR-FRY

My wife has been under the weather for the last 3 weeks, so cooking has been pretty much left up to me. That’s okay, she can wait on me next week after I have my shoulder operation!

Any, here’s a quick meal that will satisfy your hunger and your taste buds.

- Heat some olive oil and a large helping of minced garlic in a large skillet.
- Toss in a package of frozen scallops.
- Salt and pepper the scallops as they begin to cook, and then generously sprinkle some hot crushed red pepper over them.
- Toss in a large handful of almonds.
- When the scallops are cooked through (about 10 minutes), dump in 2 or 3 handfuls of Birds Eye Thai Stir-Fry frozen vegetables.
- Add extra onions…they never have enough in those packages for my taste!
- Add a generous squeeze of honey to the mixture and about of 1/3 bottle of Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce.
- Salt and pepper the vegetables once again to taste.

The vegetables should only take about 12 to 15 minutes to cook tender.

Serve in a bowl (if you are a caveman), or on a plate with rice if you want the full carb treat!

1 comment:

FHB said...

Love the big squirt of honey. Thought I was the only one who did that. Hope the wife is feeling better soon. So, you're goin' under the knife? Hope for good drugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails