Friday, February 02, 2007

ORANGE CHICKEN STIR

Well, I am back on the caveman kick, having gained 2 pounds in Jackson Hole, but it was worth it. Now, it back to meat, nuts, veggies, and fruit!

Tonight I fixed Ms. Mushy my new Orange Chicken Stir-fry, and it was wonderful.

I first fried the chicken tenderloins in a hot skillet of olive oil, minced garlic, and hot sauce. I placed about 8 pieces in the hot oil, allowed them to thaw about 5 minutes, turned them, and put on salt and pepper. By that time, the other side had thawed enough to hold the seasonings, so I flipped them back over. I let that side brown before turning again. Once each side was a dark brown to black, they were done. I put them on a paper towel to cool.

I opened a Shipyard IPA, poured it into a frosty mug, and took a long pull!

I then cut up a package of broccoli and carrots into small pieces. I also cut up about half of a large onion and placed all the veggies in a bowl.

Over the top of the veggies I grated orange peel, sprinkled the top with more salt and pepper, added a handful of almonds, and put in a good amount of tarragon powder. I then drizzled a little more olive oil over them and mixed it well.

I then dumped the veggies into the hot skillet and stir-fried them until tender, dumped the chicken (cut to bite size) back into the mixture, and squeezed the juice from the orange halves over the hot food.

It was very good for the caveman!

3 comments:

FHB said...

Any decocting involved, at all?

Jose said...

Last thing I need is for my chica to find out after 25 years that I am a good cook too. Somethings are best kept secret.

Miss Trashahassee said...

Yummies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails