It is so simple that anyone can get great results:
- Spread out some aluminum foil on the ground making a circle
- Drive a broom or hoe handle into the ground in the middle of the circle
- Rub a 15 pound turkey with your favorite seasoning or “rub” (use either smoked or un-smoked turkey)
- Place a the uncooked turkey down over the stake
- Place a 20-gallon non-galvanized trash can down over the turkey
- Place charcoal around the bottom of the trash can and over the top of the trash can
- Light the charcoal and once the coals turn white the turkey will be done in 90 minutes!
If you have more than 12 people, then cook two turkeys.
For desert, you might like some good ol’ Tennessee shine with cherries in the bottom!
Sunday, August 13, 2006
TRASH CAN TURKEY!
Some great friends invited us to their lake home this week for “trash can turkey”! Wow, was it ever great.