Man, oh man, what a dessert! This is what my wife made for me from the "Wheat Belly Cookbook", page 268! She followed the directions, except for the cocoa powder; she doesn't like unsweetened cocoa powder, so at the end, so that I could have my chocolate fix, she lined half the pie top with unsweet dark chocolate chips! It did the trick!
Here's what the books says:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, optional
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounce brick organic cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia, 1 tablespoon spoonable stevia, or 1/2 cup erythritol (like Swerve)
- 1 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- Blend all ingredients together and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover the entire dish with foil, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Let cool completely (Important!)
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cheese and stevia until blended. Beat in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Fold in the whipped cream until well mixed.
- Pour into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours until set. Slice with a sharp knife.
- Drizzle with melted unsweetened chocolate/butter/stevia (Optional).
And here's the result!