Saturday, July 02, 2016

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin - Wheat Belly

So, tonight I tried the Wheat Belly recipe for Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin, page 176 of the "Wheat Belly Cookbook".  It was so good, and easy to make!

Having lost down to 195, from 230 (since April), I'm determined to make this a way of life.  I'm off my Metformin and my blood pressure medication, and am feeling great.  I now wear 36" pants, instead of the slouchy 40" I was previously wearing. 

Anyway, back to the meal. 

I cut a tenderloin in half, and rolled it in sea salt, cardamom, and pepper. 
I then browned it in full fat butter, turning it until all sides were brown.  This takes about 8 minutes.  I then popped the oven friendly skillet into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  After the time expires, move the tenderloin to a cutting block and let stand for 10 minutes.

In the mean time, add 1/4 cup of beef broth to the remaining butter and drippings in the skillet, plus 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and cook until it reduces in half.

Then add 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard and stir until completed incorporated into the skillet contents.

Cut the tenderloin into thin slices and drizzle with the skillet mixture. AWESOME!
We served it with a simple Greek Salad; consisting of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and onions covered in olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

It was a great tasted combination!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails