(makes 30 bites or about 12 muffin size)
Our take on Dr. Davis' recipe on page 223 of the 30-minute Or Less cookbook.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes + chilling time
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stevia or Truvia*, equivalent to ¼ cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 30 pecan halves
How to make it:
1. On a baking sheet or large plate, arrange 30 mini paper liners (in our case we only had cupcake liners, so we had about half as many "bites").
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground pecans, butter, and sweetener. Mix thoroughly. Spoon evenly into the liners, pressing down with your fingers or a spoon. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the pineapple and cream cheese. Stir until well blended.
4. Spoon evenly over the pecan crusts. Place 1 pecan half on top of each. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
These little fellers are delicious and satisfy your need for something sweet!
Per 1 Bite: 77 calories, 8 g total fat, 1 g protein, 2 g carbs, 1 g fiber
*Liquid sweetener works better for baking...less grit unless well melted!