Saturday, January 10, 2009

GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN BREAST

OMG! Go to Wal-Mart, of all places, and buy you a box of Innovasian Cuisine’s General Tso’s Chicken Breast (if cooking for two – two boxes if cooking for 4 or more) in the frozen food section! It comes with a spicy sauce that is out of this world – kind’a sweet and lots of spicy kick!

Pop the chicken into the oven as the directions indicate. Remove them and add the included sauce for another 5 minutes before finishing the dish.

However, the dish needs something else – that’s where ol’ Mushy comes in!

In a skillet or large “stock pot”, add about ¼ cup of EVOO, and turn the heat up. Take about a 3rd of the box (if cooking for two – ½ if for 3 or more) of Barilla “Plus” Thin Spaghetti and break the spaghetti into 3 pieces. Drop the spaghetti into the hot EVOO, pour in about 1 cup of chicken stock, sprinkle with salt, and put in 4 or 5 whole pieces of garlic, dash in about a table spoon of soy sauce, and about 1 heaping table spoon of butter.

As the liquid begins to boil, crush the garlic with a large spoon, and stir the mixture until all the liquid is absorbed and the spaghetti becomes limp.

When the chicken is ready (after pouring the enclosed sauce over them), dump the chicken and sauce into the pot with the spaghetti and mix thoroughly.

Man…you talking about a taste wake up, this dish will make you say “WOW!” out loud!

Look at my Katie Bug enjoying the finished dish!

7 comments:

Bro. Byron said...

Well thank you Rachael Mushy Ray. General Tso's is one of my all-time favorite foods. I've yet to find any better than what they serve at Ming Tree on Alcoa Hwy so I'll be sending the little lady off to Walmart ASAP to try some of this (the Mushy recipe of course).

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I think you'll love it! I just finished off the last of it for lunch.

FHB said...

I love that stuff, and the way you cooked it sounds even better. My buddy Dave used some Gen. Tso's sauce once to win a cooking contest. Fried rattle snake. Took it out of the oil and then rolled it in a pan with this sauce. He won the contest.

I think the stuff I get at the restaurant is dark meat, and they fry it before they put the sauce on it. But I love the taste of it any way you do it. A perfect combo of hot and sweet.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I wish i was there eating!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cousin! I'm going to try this recipe soon and I don't even "cook" any more! Belton Belle

Abby said...

Quick and easy! My kind of dish!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Let me know how they all turned out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails