Saturday, March 24, 2007

TAKING COMFORT FROM A DEAD LOBSTER

I know, I haven’t been cooking much lately, but it’s a little awkward with one wing in a sling. That’s why I’ve been seeking refuge and the easiest way out lately.

Tonight, we celebrated (early) my daughter’s 41st birthday at the Dead, I mean Red Lobster.

I usually stick to the usual Admirals Feast, all fried and such, but tonight I decided to spread my wings (so to speak) with something new from the menu:

- Margarita Lobster, Shrimp and Scallops - Skewered and fire-grilled with southwestern seasonings, then topped with tequila-lime sauce and pico de gallo. Served over wild rice pilaf.

My granddaughter chose:

- Crab Linguini Alfredo - Sweet crabmeat tossed in a Parmesan cream sauce on a bed of linguini. It was a hit with her, as you can see by the toothpick (at the table) she’s using.

My wife and daughter stuck to the traditional “have it your wayfried shrimp!

2 comments:

FHB said...

I've always felt that Red Lobster was a rip off. They advertise all this awesome lookin lobster, but when you go you pay an arm and a leg and the tails they serve are tiny. But that Crab Linguini Alfredo looks like the shit, fer sure. Gooey wonderfulness. That and the baked potato would just about put me into carb overload, but it would be worth it.

Seasonally, the Papasito's in Austin has 10 oz. tails on special. Eating a 10 is like cutting into a steak. Huge, so I guess I'm spoiled. Looks great here in the pics though.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Well, that and two sissy beers filled me up...they don't have a draft selection fer sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails