So, I was sitting there in my living room watching the Food Network, and, as usual, I was sucked into Guy Fieri’s “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives”! He and Paula Deen grab my “grease buds” every time I pass either show!
However, this particular “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives” show was about crazy breakfast dishes, and especially one about the “horseshoe breakfast” sandwich. Man, this baby is a grease lover’s dream concoction, and I had to have one!
Mine was a little less loaded than the ones Guy featured, but the basics are the same:
- One or two pieces of toast laying flat on a plate
- Topped with two crumbled pieces of bacon
- Topped with a slice of American cheese
- Topped with fried cubed potatoes and onions (salted and peppered)
- Topped off with a very runny, over easy, egg (or two)!
My tongue almost slapped my brain out before I could cut off a bite and get it into my mouth! To quote “Fat Bastard”, “Now get in my belly!”
Put one in yours today…so easy, so tasty!